- UEH Institute of Innovation (UII) is a sci-tech organization that plays as a university’s organization for innovation and entrepreneurship at University of Economics Ho Chi Minh city.
- UII was officially launched on April 17th 2019, under cooperation between UEH and Singapore Management University, supported by VinaCapital Ventures and Department of Researching and Developing Private Enterprise.
MISSION AND VISION
- Build a startup ecosystem and investor network.
- Assist in introducing and applying innovative business models that drive business success.
- Promote the comparative advantage of the Vietnamese economy by fostering a spirit of innovation and bringing research into practice.
- Become the science and technology center of University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City on innovation;
- Carrying out activities of scientific research, consulting, cooperation, support, and scientific and technological services to promote innovation in universities of the economic sector.
PILLARS OF ACTION
- INCUBATION PROGRAM
UII Is one of 32 incubators in HCMC supported by Department of Science and Technology Ho Chi Minh City.
3 intakes – 12 mentors
2 student clubs
20+ training & sharing sessions
4+ student competitions
01 Startup Festival: Regional TECHFEST 2020
2. EDUCATION & TRAINING
Provision of practice-oriented certificate courses.
Plan to develop the undergraduate and graduate program related to technology and innovation in the period 2021 – 2025.
Opportunities to access new technologies that are being used in business of Industry 4.0 such as: Big Data, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), Human Intelligence Creating (AI), Machine Learning, Virtual Reality Technology (VR / AR).
Train business leadership in digital transformation based on a combination of technology learning and organizing continual innovation in rapidly changing business.
B. TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION SHORT COURSES
FOR CEO & TOP MANAGER
• Korea – Vietnam Advance Management
•30 trainees / course
FOR SMEs, CORPORATE
• Certified Innovation Manager
• Max 10 trainees / course
3. INNOVATION LAB (iLAB)
Development and implementation of applied research projects to optimize the ways in which people, organization and technology interact.
APPLIED RESEARCH PROJECT
In collaboration with Ministry of Science and Technology, local Department of Science and Technology, or corporates to offer solutions based on application-oriented findings and practical experiences from our experts (UEH lecturers, international partners, and local institutions).